Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from January 21, 2020.
Recording at Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 engineering and updates on open-source projects: PnP .NET libraries, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling, on yo Teams, on Microsoft Graph Toolkit, and on Microsoft Teams Samples.
New Microsoft Teams UI Kit and Microsoft Teams UI Library now available to aid you in designing beautiful looking Microsoft Teams apps! New Site Design & Office Hours calls starting the last week of January, details on Sharing-is-Caring site. Latest project releases include PnP .NET Libraries – PnP Framework v1.0.0 (first GA release of new library and replaces PnP SitesCore), PnP Core SDK Beta 2.0, PnP PowerShell v1.1.0 (15 minutes after releasing v1.0.0), yo Teams Preview v3.0.0, and Microsoft Graph Toolkit v2.0.1. Added SourceLink support for debugging PnP NuGet Packages. Released three updated Microsoft Teams Samples as well. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Today’s Together Mode photo – Many remotely located members, one community!
- Use Teams Samples – https://aka.ms/teams-samples
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events
- First Time Contributor Session – January 26th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – Look for dates in February
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – Look for dates in February
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – January 25th
- PnP – AMA (Ask Me Anything) – PnPjs Edition – February 9th
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser)
Demos delivered in this session
- Introduction to Timesheet Microsoft Teams app template – Preview the newest production ready template – Time Tally. A simple timesheet submission, validation, aggregation, approval, activity reporting tool. Super mobile friendly. Managers can approve many time sheets at once, integrates with Planner and existing back-end time sheet collection tools. Track time by people, projects, tasks, utilization, billable work, and sends reminders too. This latest Microsoft Teams app template is scheduled to release on January 31st.
- Configure list custom header, footer and the form body with JSON – Focuses on the new list form called Configure Layout for formatting list Header, Body and Footer. Header and Footer formatting – draw what you want using familiar column formatting syntax. Presenter shows ease of leveraging sample code. Body section formatting has limitations at present. Calls out things to keep in mind when using this new capability that is powerful, not polished.
- Getting started on using CLI for Microsoft 365 – Easily and securely manage your Microsoft 365 tenant from any platform. Any OS, any shell, with Unified Login. Straight forward installation – download the LTS version of Node.js, open PowerShell and install CLI for Microsoft 365 (3 minutes), and then login. Now explore the CLI, start with “help” – to see all commands. There is extensive documentation explaining commands, sample scripts, installation. Latest CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.4.0.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- PnP.NET library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 6:00
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) | @erwinvanhunen – 9:27
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) | @wictor – 11:44
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 13:21
- Microsoft Teams samples – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 14:03
- Demo: Introduction to Timesheet Microsoft Teams app template – Nidhi Sharma (Microsoft) | @nidsonbirdie – 15:56
- Demo: Configure list custom header, footer and the form body with JSON – Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 26:30
- Demo: Getting started on using CLI for Microsoft 365 – Albert-Jan Schot (Portiva) | @appieschot – 44:56
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
General Microsoft 365 Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted at anyone who’s interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft – 22nd of January 2021