Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from June 25, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering around PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling and on yo teams plus special topics.
There have been a number of significant releases this week including: .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API, updates to Microsoft 365 Community Docs, SharePoint Starter Kit v2, Yo Teams video training package (eight 5 – 6-minute tutorials) and a video: No code solution to expose SharePoint pages in Microsoft Teams as personal apps. In this call, 2 demos are delivered: Modifying event/calendar list rendering using list formatting and Building enterprise 3D experiences with SharePoint spaces. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Register for Community Docs Sessions (June 26th and 29th) on the Sharing is Caring site. | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly in Twitter.
Demos delivered in this session.
- Modifying event/calendar list rendering using list formatting – Not all pages on a modern site are modern by default and modern pages cannot be customized. See how to create a modern looking Events page using events-format-tiles-only.json. Configure list and tile views – color text, add hover card and beautify events list rendering.
- Building enterprise 3D experiences with SharePoint spaces – a site owner focused demo showing the immersive (2D and 3D) near-tactile experience in Sharepoint spaces that allows users to re-arrange how content is organized in this virtual environment. There is a full demo of space creation. SharePoint spaces may be provisioned with SharePoint provisioning service.
Topics covered in this call
- General community news – 4:27
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 8:31
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) – 11:33
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 14:35
- yo Teams updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 15:59
- Demo: Modifying event/calendar list rendering using list formatting | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 17:25
- Demo: Building enterprise 3D experiences with SharePoint spaces | Rodrigo Pinto (Storm Technology) | @ScoutmanPt – 29:37
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Next Meeting is July 9, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 26th of June 2020