This month’s call agenda was hosted by Ojasvi Choudhary, Program Manager, who shared what’s new and coming with Adaptive Cards in Microsoft Teams, Bots API updates plus Power Virtual Agents in Microsoft Teams.
Adaptive Cards in Microsoft Teams
Features in GA:
Features coming soon include:
- Full Width Adaptive Cards
- Information Masking
- Overflow Menu
Bots API updates
Changes to Teams Bot APIs for Fetching Team/Chat Members include:
- GetPagedMembersAsync for retrieving profile information for members of a chat/team
- GetMemberAsync for retrieving the profile information for a single user
- Long Term: retrieve information via Microsoft Graph, learn more
Power Virtual Agents in Microsoft Teams
Build intelligent no code chatbots with Power Virtual Agents.
Democratize AI. Empower your subject matter experts to easily create powerful bots using a guided, no-code graphical interface. No need for developers or data scientists.
Engage Naturally. Engage with customers and employees conversationally. Resolve routine issues easily, freeing up staff to focus on complex matters
Continually Enhance. Point the AI to your website, and automatically build topics to get started with a few clicks. As the bot gets used, powerful metrics and insights help tell you what topics to build next.
Take Action. Connect to your backend systems with a few clicks using the hundreds of connectors that come with Power Platform – or call APIs and custom workflows using Power Automate.
Join us for Microsoft Ignite 2020
Ignite Registration & Sessions:
- Step 1: Register for Ignite (https://aka.ms/Ignite)
- Step 2: Build out your session schedule and be sure to sign up for our Teams developer sessions!
- Transforming the modern workplace with Microsoft Teams Platform (aka.ms/DB157)
- Build richer meetings experiences with Microsoft Teams apps using new meetings extensibility points (https://aka.ms/OD250)
Virtual Hub for Skill Building:
- Step 1: Check out our new Virtual Hub (https://aka.ms/microsoftteamsand365platform) on September 22nd to get access to new Teams developer skill-building sessions.
- Step 2: Watch our Teams developer skill-building sessions!
- Elevate user experiences with Teams and Adaptive Cards
Watch the call here
We are continually looking for ways to enhance our calls and gather feedback. Please take a couple minutes to fill out this form to tell us how the call went, what we can do to be better, and what future topics you’d like addressed.
Microsoft Teams Resources
The next call in this series will be on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 8:00AM PST. Download the calendar invite at https://aka.ms/microsoftteamscommunitycall