SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from October 22nd is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos. You can use SharePoint Framework for building solutions for Microsoft Teams and for SharePoint Online.
The Road Ahead for SPFx includes: Runtime and build time performance improvements, integrated dev tools, guidelines and samples, move to MSAL.js, store acquisition and more. PnPjs – v2.1.0-beta is out and allows isolated runtimes. Released CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.2 beta and Reusable SPFx Controls – v2.1.0. Finally 10 new/updated SPFx web part samples many updated for SPFx v1.11. It’s not too late to participate in Hacktoberfest Fest 2020. The host of this call is Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) @mediocrebowler. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Thanks for joining us today! Where’s Monkey?
- NodeJs File Handler for integrating with SharePoint and OneDrive UI to handle custom file types – use your existing client-side development skills to make SharePoint and OneDrive handle your custom file types as if they were first-class citizens! Display file actions, add the ability to create, open, edit, preview, and save your custom files from within a browser. The sample code – complete with CodeTours – shows how to use the Microsoft Graph API to handle secure file access, manage metadata, handle permissions, and sharing.
- How to synchronize photos from Azure AD to SharePoint using Microsoft Graph and Azure Function – this web part will help the administrators to synchronize the User Profile Photos from Azure AD or from the local filesystem (User Photos library) to SharePoint User Profile Store. Features include User selection, Bulk sync, access control, sync status reporting, Azure function to handle photo and properties updates and PowerShell administration. Thumbnail generation (3 sizes) and Image-resize capability as well.
- Dynamically use correct field customizer type for SharePoint lists using FieldRendererHelper class – PnP reusable React “Fields Controls.” FieldRendererHelper class automatically suggests needed component type Field Control based on current Field parameters. Use one Field Customizer for any type of SharePoint call/column type. Functionally the control evaluates the field and type and calls in the appropriate control to render data type on the page The Field Customizer delivers additional CSS styling to OOB SharePoint column behavior.
SPFx extension samples: (https://aka.ms/SPFx extensions)
- No new extensions in the last 2 weeks
SPFx web part samples: (https://aka.ms/spfx-webparts)
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos – like all three demos this week.
- NodeJs File Handler for integrating with SharePoint and OneDrive UI to handle custom file types – Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) | @mediocrebowler – 14:29
- How to synchronize photos from Azure AD to SharePoint using Microsoft Graph and Azure Function – Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan (NTT Ltd) | @sudharsank – 26:12
- Dynamically use correct field customizer type for SharePoint lists using FieldRendererHelper class – Alex Terentiev (Sharepointalist) | @alexterentiev – 41:13
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Other mentioned topics
The next meeting is on November 5, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client-side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice in Microsoft Teams or SharePoint context
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices team – 23rd of October, 2020