SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from September 24th is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos. You can use SharePoint Framework for building solutions for Microsoft Teams and for SharePoint Online.
Hopefully you were able to view/participate in sessions and question Microsoft engineers in the OneDrive & SharePoint Developer virtual booths during Microsoft Ignite 2020, this week. Since our last call, project releases include: CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.1 preview, React Controls v2.0 and React Property Controls v2.0 along with PnP Modern Search v3.15.2. Note: Reusable SPFx Controls v2 supports SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams only. For SharePoint On-Prem use v1 (1.20.0) instead. As well, new/updated samples delivered include 3 extensions and 4 web parts. The next PnPjs v2.0.11 release is scheduled for October 9 along with other monthly releases. The host of this call is Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) @mediocrebowler. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Thanks for joining us today!
- Use SPFx for Task Modules in Microsoft Teams and access Microsoft Graph – Scenario: Documents in a list are past due for review. Communicate review requirement to a Microsoft Teams user through task module. Communications is between SPFx and Bot Components and task is rendered in an Adaptive Card with 2 actions: View and Reviewed. Communications between Library and Task Module via Graph calls. This is a SPFx v1.11 capability only.
- Cascading managed metadata using Microsoft Graph and SharePoint Framework – this web part uses Microsoft Graph APIs to get and display data from Term store. The web part has one property – term set ID. For demo, gets country and city terms, populates drop down menus, and displays a map using PnP Maps control, based on location selected by user. The webpart is in the PnP Samples repository and supports 2-level cascading today.
SPFx extension samples: (https://aka.ms/SPFx extensions)
SPFx web part samples: (https://aka.ms/spfx-webparts)
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos – like all three demos this week.
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 3:45
- PnPjs Client Libraries – 6:40
- Office 365 CLI – 7:25
- SPFx reusable controls – 8:04
- PnP Search Solution – 8:50
- PnP SPFx Samples – Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh – 10:04
- Cascading managed metadata using Microsoft Graph and SharePoint Framework – Anoop Tatti (Content and Code) | @anooptells – 12:45
- Use SPFx for Task Modules in Microsoft Teams and access Microsoft Graph – Markus Möller (Avanade) | @Moeller2_0 – 25:18
- PnPjs Tester Web Part – Siddharth Vaghasia (Tata Consultancy Services) | @siddh_me & Kunj Sangani | @sanganikunj – 38:27
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on October 8, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice in Microsoft Teams or SharePoint context
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices team – 25th of September, 2020