SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from March 26th is now available from the SharePoint Development YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
In this call there are updates on SharePoint Framework and Roadmap from Microsoft SharePoint engineering along with the latest on PnPjs Client Libraries, Office 365 CLI, SPFx Reusable Controls, and on the PnP Yeoman Generator. Specific updates on open-source projects: PnP Office CLI – released new preview version 2.8 with spfx doctor along with other commands and sample scripts. React Controls v1.17 released – auto translation and more. Also released React Property Controls v1.17.0. Eight new samples delivered in the last 2 weeks and many more in the pull requests queue. Thank you for contributing latest samples: João Mendes, Luis Mañez, Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan, Hugo Bernier, David Warner, Alex Terentiev, Ramakrishnan Raman, Saulo Oliveira, Aakash Bhardwaj
Three demos are delivered in this session:
- Using React hooks to globally share service scope between components. This demo delivered by Vardhaman Deshpande and Garry Trinder for coding developers shows two different approaches for how components in an application can find and share data. The presenters step-through indirect (class component) and direct (functional component), hooks approaches that deliver the same end result.
- Building group membership management solution with Microsoft Graph using SharePoint Framework. Aakash Bhardwaj shows a SPFx web part that a Site Collection Admin can use to check group affiliation for a specific user or to see members of a specific group, from within a SharePoint page.
- Building a Q&A solution for SharePoint portals using SharePoint Framework Bo George – principal consultant at ThreeWill, shows a Question and Answer SPFx web part that can be easily added to a site/page and configured by the site owner or site collection admin not only to deliver a Q & A experience, but also to control user access.
Thank you PnP community members for your great work on controls, demos and documentation.
This call was hosted by Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft)
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 3:23
- PnPjs Client Libraries – 6:25
- Office 365 CLI – 7:04
- SPFx reusable controls – 8:22
- SPFx Generator – 9:20
- PnP SPFx Samples – 10:24
- Demo: Using React hooks to globally share service scope between components | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo) | @vrdmn & Garry Trinder (CPS) | @garrytrinder – 13:48
- Demo: Building group membership management solution with Microsoft Graph using SharePoint Framework | Aakash Bhardwaj (HCL Technologies) | @aakash_316 – 25:40
- Demo: Building a Q&A solution for SharePoint portals using SharePoint Framework | Bo George (ThreeWill) | @bo_george – 35:33
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on April 9, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 27th of March 2020