SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from July 30th is now available from the Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
Announced new Microsoft Teams Development Samples Gallery. Open-source project updates include: SPFx PnPjs Client-side Libraries v2.0.7 (and v2.0.8 scheduled for Aug 7), Office 365 CLI – Beta v2.13 and Preview V3, SPFx React Controls v2 beta, SPFx React Property Controls v2 beta, SPFx Generator v1.15. 4 new and 2 updated SPFx samples were delivered in the last 2 weeks. Thank you João Mendes (Isobar Switzerland), Peter Paul Kirschner, Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas), and Ramin Ahmadi (Content and Code). The host of this call was Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) @mediocrebowler. There was 3 minutes of Q&A at end of call, as well as in chat throughout the call.
- Register on Sharing is Caring site for:
- Register for the PnP Virtual Conference – September 1, 2020
- Use SharePoint Framework v1.11
- App Insights Dashboard with React based web parts – a SPFx web part using the Azure App Insights API. Uses Azure App Insights REST API Explorer, Kusto Query, SPFx React Controls v1.17.0, Azure App Insights report templates, and js appinsights. A CodeTour accompanies this sample. Activity metrics delivered: Pageview, user and performance statistics. Filter by timespan, time interval or date range.
- Fast Serve with SharePoint Framework – speed up the bundling process – This tool is a command line utility, which modifies your SPFx solution to run continuous “gulp serve” command. The tool adds necessary files to run your own webpack-based build with webpack dev server. Technically it’s a custom webpack build, which produces the same output files as SPFx build pipeline, but much faster.
- Workbench customizer for improved debugging experience – This demo shows how the Workbench Customizer web part can be added to the Workbench page to mimic a modern SharePoint page using CSS overrides. The web part allows developers to set properties that control customizations and to switch the page to Preview after the page is loaded – very useful when doing UI work.
SPFx extension samples:
SPFx web part samples:
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 6:55
- PnPjs Client Libraries – 9:25
- Office 365 CLI | Garry Trinder (CPS Solutions) | @garrytrinder – 11:33
- SPFx reusable controls | Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet) | @eliostruyf – 14:27
- SPFx Generator – 16:20
- PnP Search Solution – 17:14
- PnP SPFx Samples | Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh – 17:55
- App Insights Dashboard with React based web parts – Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan (NTT) | @sudharsank – 20:11
- Fast Serve with SharePoint Framework – speed up the bundling process – Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq) | @sergeev_srg – 31:00
- Workbench customizer for improved debugging experience – Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology Ltd) | @JoelFMRodrigues – 40:30
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on August 13, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice – also community demos are more than welcome (let us know, if you’re interested)
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 30th of July 2020