SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from November 19th is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos. You can use SharePoint Framework for building solutions for Microsoft Teams and for SharePoint Online.
SPFx v1.12 release is tentatively slated for January 2021 and among other things will accommodate more access to the page structure and context to avoid DOM dependency. Feedback is solicited – Tell us about DOM dependencies in your SharePoint solutions. PnPjs v2.0.13 release is scheduled for December 11. Released new v3.3 CLI for Microsoft 365 and v2.2.0 React Controls and React Property Controls. PnP Modern Search v4 preview available. Six new/updated samples were rolled out in last 2 weeks. The host of this call is Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) @mediocrebowler. Q&A always takes place in chat throughout the call, but today there was a live, informative, rapid-fire 10 minute Q&A at the end of this call.
Executive seating! Very nice. Thank you for joining us today.
- Building secure SharePoint Framework web part or extension to host a bot in modern portals – learn about SPFx client-side web parts and extensions that leverage the Microsoft Bot Framework can be used to integrate Bots in SharePoint today. The web part sample embeds the bot by using webchat – a highly customizable web-based client for a bot. Security options presented. Use the application customizer to position a bot extension on a web page.
- SPFx web part to manage application customizer properties across sites – a UI solution for updating properties of site collection application customizers from a central location as an alternative to using PowerShell or CLI. Two layouts – accordion and list-based. Provides dropdown menu options. Easy to make reusable application customizers. Uses Material UI for accordion and Office UI Fabric for list. Code fetches site collections and application customizers.
SPFx extension samples: (https://aka.ms/SPFx extensions)
- No new extension samples this week
SPFx web part samples: (https://aka.ms/spfx-webparts)
As you are aware, samples are often showcased in Demos. Thank you for your great work.
- Building a secure SharePoint Framework web part or extension to host a bot in modern portals – Qiong Wu (Microsoft) – 14:17
- SPFx web part to manage application customizer properties across the sites – Kunj Sangani (Cognizant) | @sanganikunj & Siddharth Vaghasia (Tata Consultancy Services) | @siddh_me – 33:40
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Other mentioned topics
The next meeting is on December 17, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client-side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice in Microsoft Teams or SharePoint context
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices team – 4th of December, 2020